Monday, February 20, 2012

The Little Things

It is all the little things with the kids that really crack me up, bring a smile to my face, or frankly - drive me crazy some days.  So, here are some of the little things from the past little while.

ELIJAH:
We 'celebrated' his 5 1/2 year birthday this past week.  I use the term celebrated very loosely.  It is just an excuse to make/eat a cake.  This year he wanted to strawberry cake.... so I made a from scratch strawberry cake - complete with pureed strawberries.  Yummy.  :)






GAVIN:
He has taken on the role of our in-house clown.  He is always trying to make us laugh and just being silly.  The toddler phase is pretty entertaining.... some of my favorite examples recently.

* Do you know The Muppets song "Mahna Mahna"?  It is recently been redone by "The Fray"?  Well, Gavin has taken to singing the "Mahna Mahna" part.  SO CUTE.  But he will NOT let me get it on video.
* Seeing a small dog, pointing and saying "meow".  Obviously looks like a cat to him and just makes me laugh.
* Food combinations:  For example, dipping orange slices in ranch. Ick.  He LOVES maple syrup... to the point that when he is done with the pancakes he will use his fingers to get the rest of the syrup.  And if that doesn't work, he just starts to lick the plate.
* We went out to lunch over the weekend.  He ate almost nothing while sitting at the table, but as we were getting ready to leave, he started to pick chips off the floor to eat them (the same chips he had thrown there moments earlier).  Why?!?!?!  Toddlers are funny creatures.

Cheesy grin.  Love it!  He loves to get in Owen's bassinet.... we borrowed it from a friend who obviously has girls.
Shhhh.... don't tell Owen that he slept in a bassinet with a pink bumper. 

OWEN:
I had heard about babies like Owen, but I honestly thought that people were just exaggerating or wanted me feel like a failure while my babies were screaming for some unknown reason.  But Owen is the real deal.  HE PUTS HIMSELF TO SLEEP.  No, really, I am not making this up.  It is not all the time, but on a fairly regular basis, when he is tired he will close his eyes and go to sleep.  Really.  Amazing, huh?

Example:  This weekend - changed his diaper on the living room floor.... left him there for a moment, knowing he was getting tired.  Come back to find this....
Owen - fast asleep on the living room floor.  And excuse the funny outfit.....
He was in need of new pants while we were at church and the sleeper was the only thing in the diaper bag.


MARTY:
He's just a great guy.  Our anniversary is tomorrow.  Happy 8 years of marriage!  :)

Marty and me in 2003.... just a couple months before our wedding.  :)

1 comment:

  1. mmmm, all of a sudden I'm thinking about making pancakes for dinner. congrats on the anniversary, too.

    ReplyDelete