Wednesday, July 8, 2015

God Chose.

-- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.   Jeremiah 29:11 --

Baby Cuteness went home yesterday afternoon as planned.  It was a sad day, but I know that we'll see him again..... partially because I neglected to give his new foster mom some of his formula.  Whoops. :/  She is actually open to us seeing him ongoing at this point, so we will see what that looks like as we move forward.
Owen enjoyed some last minute snuggles and singing time before Cuteness left. 
Owen (3 1/2) is the child in our family who has had the hardest time seeing Cuteness leave.  After lunch yesterday I encouraged the boys to spend some time with Cuteness.  This conversation followed between the boys:

Owen (sobbing): "But Mommy, I don't want him to leave!  You're the Mommy and you get to choose.  I want you to choose for him to stay!"  (Big thoughts for a 3 1/2 year old).

Elijah: "No, Mommy is just the Foster Mom, so she doesn't get to choose."

Gavin "No, God gets to choose.  And God chose that we would just love him for a little bit and then he would go somewhere else."

And that was that.  God has a plan for Baby Cuteness and I'm glad that we were a part of it.


Sleepy time snuggles. 






No comments:

Post a Comment